Glass Christmas ornaments are one of the objects that contributes the most to the decorative style during holiday Christmas periods. They are not solely meant to be made at home but can also be designed for a school classroom assignment. Plain glass Christmas ornaments are very cheap and can be found almost anywhere such as in holiday or craft stores, which in turn makes the creation of well decorated glass Christmas ornaments also very affordable. When they are purchased, glass ornaments are in a clear state. This makes it very easy to use them on any chosen occasion or moment of the year such as weddings, birthday parties, and others.
To make a well decorated glass ornament, an individual must follow a process of several steps.
- The first part of the process consists of protecting the work area with old towels or sheets of magazines.
- The second part of the process is to remove the metal or plastic loop that retains the ornament cap, and then use the fingers to also remove the ornament cap. The individual needs to make sure that the ornament cap is kept safely in some place.
- The third part of the process consists of using 1 ounce of gold paint into a medicine cup made with plastic and then drop that paint inside the glass ornament through the opening located at the top of the ball. Do the same thing for the silver paint or any other paint colors that are available.
- The fourth part of the process is to take the first glass and gently shake it just so the paint inside start swirling together and display a two-tone effect. Repeat this step for as many glass ornaments as available.
- The fifth part of the process consists of spreading iridescent glitter inside the opening of the ball ornament for as much as desired and then re-swirling the glass ornaments as done in the previous step.
- The sixth part of the process is the storage of the glass ornaments for one day at a secured location where traffic is limited, especially kids’.
- The final part of the process consists of substituting the ornament cap and attaching a chiffon ribbon around the ornament cap. The chiffon ribbon is usually in gold or silver color.
The more complex the glass Christmas ornament is the more style and elegance are added to the Christmas tree that holds it. The purchase of glass Christmas ornaments with complicated decorations can be quite pricy in Christmas stores. For this reason, it is better that a person try to design their own. The process for making intricate glass Christmas ornaments is relatively similar to the one needed to create regular glass ornaments. The only differences come from the fact that they use two new materials: other colors and acrylic paint. Indeed, a tablespoon of acrylic paint must be added through the opening of the glass Christmas ornament and then well scattered inside the ball by doing swirling movements.
There are many ideas that can be applied for self-made glass ornaments: painted glass balls, mini bottles, recycles glass ornaments, and sea glass ornaments. When deciding to buy transparent glass ball ornaments, a person must know that the majority of the paint might peel off even before the end of the event for which the ornaments were made. To prevent such a thing from occurring, the person should get a special glass craft paint or use enamel paint which is normally designed for smooth surfaces. Mini bottles may also be used as decorative ornaments. They just need to be tied to a ribbon and sprinkled with the type of glitter that fits the occasion.